Senate Game and Fisheries Committee
Senator Richard Alloway II, Chair
October 25, 2011
8 E A – 12 Noon
- Senate Bill 1049, Printer’s Number 1183 (Kasunic) – An Act Amending Title 30 (Fish) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for license and permit issuance options; and further providing for expiration of licenses and permits. This bill amends Section 2717 – License and permit issuance options of Title 30 (Fish) – to allow for a multiyear license or permit, a group license or permit, promotional discounts. This legislation also allows the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission to promulgate regulations relating to group criteria and promotional discounts relating to this section. Additionally section 2907 of Title 30 (Fish) is amended to allow for a multiyear license.
- Senate Bill 1066, Printer’s Number 1220 (Alloway) – An Act amending Title 34 (Game) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, further providing for powers and duties of enforcement officers and for trespass on private property while hunting. This bill amends – Section 901(by adding a paragraph) – Powers and duties of enforcement officers of Title 34 (Game) stating that any officer whose duty it is to enforce this title or any officer investigating any alleged violation of this title shall have the power and duty to enforce the provisions of section 2314 (relating to trespass on private property while hunting). This shall include the ability to issue citations for violations of section 2314. A violation of section 2314 will change with this legislation from a summary offense of the fifth degree to a summary offense of a third degree.
- Senate Bill 1279, Printer’s Number 1634 (Fontana) – An Act Amending Title 30 (Fish) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes in fishing licenses, further providing for provision relating disabled veterans and former prisoners of war. This bill amends Section 2702 of Title 30 (Fish) to authorize the PA Fish and Boat Commission to issue free fishing licenses to 50% disabled war veterans.
- House Bill 735, Printer’s Number 2093 (Gillespie) – An Act Amending Title 34 (Game) by removing the requirement that hunting licenses must be displayed and removing the corresponding penalty. It also requires that hunters or trappers provide proof of licensure to any landowner whose land that person may be occupying or to any officer who duty it is to enforce Title 34.
- House Bill 860, Printer’s Number 898 (Kula) – An Act Amending Title 34 (Game) the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes to lower the permissible blood alcohol content for adults while hunting/furtaking. This bill also reduces the window of time allowable to collect a sample of breath, blood, or urine for testing, and allows the Game Commission to promulgate regulations regarding consent and administration of testing.
- House Bill 1417, Printers Number 1968 (Staback) – An Act that amends Title 18 (Crimes Code), Title 30 (Fish) and Title 34 (Game) to increase the penalty for assaulting a Waterways Conservation Officer or Wildlife Conservation Officer by including them in the list of other law enforcement officers covered under the aggravated assault in Title 18.